The ready-made garments (RMG) sector has a venerable history of about 30 years. First garment exporting unit- Reaz Garments in 1978.
– Location of Garment Manufacturers: Dhaka, Chittagong, Comilla, Narayanganj & Gazipur.
– Labor employed: 4 million
– Total Garment Manufacturers: 5,600 (approx)
– Product Type: Knit, Woven, Sweater & Home textile
– Total RMG Export: US$21.51billion in Fiscal Year 2012-13 which is 79.63% of total national export.
– Major items: Shirt, Cap, Trouser, Shorts, overall, Pajama, Polo Shirt, Night wear, T-Shirt, Sweater, tang top Bed & Pillow cover, Quilt cover, wall mat, Socks, Undergarments (Bra, Panty) vest, etc, Children items